Friday, February 10, 2012

My Second Indochino Suit Review!!! - The Essential Grey Suit

My second Indochino suit turned out to be a better fit than my first one!  Lacking a solid grey suit in my collection I decided to take advantage of an Indochino coupon I had last year and grab the Essential Grey Suit.  My advantage this time is that after noticing a few areas that could be tweaked on my black suit I made a few changes to my online measurement profile.  The result when I received the suit was a perfect fit!  The only exception was the trouser which I requested to have unhemmed,  I prefer to have these measured to my shoes.  It doesn't cost you anything because Indochino reimburses you for the cost of alteration. (Though I did check the site today and noticed that the unhemmed option is not available?).

My Options:
  • Working Cuff Buttons
  • Pick Stitching (didn't get this option on my black suit)
  • Dark Gray Satin Lining (Now Indochino has a much better selection for the linings)
  • Pen Pocket
  • Unhemmed Trouser
  • Change Pocket within Trouser
The essential grey suit not only fit better on me than my first suit (essential black suit), it seemed to have a better workmanship all around.  The pick stitching is a must for this suit as it is subtle but really adds detail to the suit.


Putting it to the Test:

After Noticing the line issue I had with my black suit (see my first review), I was afraid that the same thing would occur on the Grey suit, but it never happened!  In fact I endued up where the grey suit at least 18 times last year and the line never appeared.  I wore the black suit only a few times before the line appeared.
Overall the fabric is of good quality and durable, if you maintain the suit it can go awhile before you need to bring it to a cleaner.  I'm actually surprised at how well the suit has held up considering it is not the highest quality of fabrics.  The comfort level is excellent I've worn the suit for practically the whole day it never felt uncomfortable on me.  Though on a hot day you will definitely perspire with the jacket on as it is a medium felt suit which is mainly for spring/fall season.  (In my opinion the best fabric for a suit in the summer - linen or linen mix)



Conclusion:

I was really glad that this suit didn't have the line issue of my black suit, otherwise I probably would never order another suit from Indochino.  Though this suit fit better and had a higher quality of workmanship than my first suit, it's still a $379.00 suit.  It's no Zegna, but because the suit is made to measure and the small details such as the bull horn buttons, it will definitely make you stand out!  In fact the best feature of Indochino is the wide range of customization one can do to the suit and not get charged extra for it.  Honestly I shopped around and there is almost no one out there that provides that many options for the price you're paying on the essential grey suit.  For all the options, quality, timeline, and perfect fit guarantee Indochino is by far the best bang for your buck!

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! Didn't really like the pick stitching on my navy suit, but here it looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of curiosity, how much did you change the measurments by in the troublesome areas? I'd like to get one of their suits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      The changes were minor, I readjusted the shoulder measurement and my trouser length, based on the original black suit. I would say give Indochino a try, as long as your measurements are accurate the suits come out pretty well fitting, at least that has been my experience.

      Delete